- Registration and Coffee at 8:30 am. Class from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- All classes held at First Call: 9091 State Line Road, Kansas City, MO 64114, 3rd floor Community Training Room.
- Entry and parking on North side of building.
- All classes approved by the Missouri Substance Abuse Professionals Credentialing Board for six contact hours.
Payment & Registration
- Payment must be received two (2) weeks prior to class.
- All classes are $45 and 6 contact hours, unless otherwise noted.
- Registration is not valid until paid in full.
- Cancellations must be received 7 days before class date to receive a refund.
- No credits or refunds will be issued for failure to cancel.
Schedule of Classes
April 7: Ethics with Diverse Populations (#366)
Ethical practices when facing unique dilemmas interacting with diverse populations. Mary Vorsten, MA, LCPC, MAC, CRAADC, CCGC
April 28: Art in Recovery (#367)
Learn about the field of art therapy and the integration of art therapy into the treatment of substance use disorders by exploring how the creative process can aid in the development of self-regulation, increased, self-esteem and self-awareness. Janice Mead, MS, LPC, ATR-BC, RASAC-ll
May 12: We are the Same but Different: Connecting Prevention and Treatment (#368)
A training to better understand the role of prevention in treating substance use disorders within your community. Heather Harlan, CRPS, Prevention and Treatment Engagement Specialist
June 16: Youth Mental Health First Aid (#369)
How to offer help to youth developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. Margaux Guignon MPS, Director of Prevention and Megan Keller, MS, RASAC ll, Family Services Counselors (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
July 14: Trauma & Addiction Treatment & Recovery (#365)
Addiction and trauma disorders are often closely linked. Addressing all aspects of co-occurring addiction, trauma and PTSD in an integrated way is important in developing the best possible recovery plan. Kathryn Brewer PhD, LPC
August 4: Ethics in Response to the Suicidal Client (#370)
Mary Vorsten, MA, LCPC, MAC, CRAADC, CCGC
September 22, 25-29: MRSS/MRSS-P Training
October 6: Technology-based Clinical Supervision (#371)
The use of telecommunications and information technology to provide access to health assessment, diagnosis, intervention, consultation, supervision, education, and the impact on supervision of individual clients. Scott Breedlove, MRSS